In Olderfleet Primary we have the following aims which we strive to achieve with all our pupils:
- To provide a range of intellectual, social, moral, spiritual and physical experiences appropriate to the age, ability and individual needs of our pupils. We will have high expectations and endeavour to provide access to high quality resources
- To provide opportunities for each individual to attain their maximum potential and to help prepare them to make informed and responsible decisions throughout their adult life
- To provide a caring, supportive and orderly environment where children can learn and be happy
- To promote good relationships between all who are part of the school and local community, recognising differences and developing caring attitudes to others
- To encourage opportunities for pupils to develop self-esteem, confidence in themselves as learners and the disposition and motivation to learn
Pastoral Care and Child Protection
We have a child centred approach to all we do at Olderfleet and an integral part of this is the close liaison between the parent, class teacher and Principal. It is essential that we are aware of any changes outside of school which may affect your child in school. Something considered “not very important” may in fact have a huge impact on how your child performs in school. Therefore, through open lines of communication, parents can make the class teacher aware of their concerns and vice versa.
By law we must have a “Child Protection” policy in school. This policy will be circulated to all parents every two years. A copy of this and our Anti-bullying policy are available, if required, from the office.
Child Protection Information for Parents
Parents who wish to highlight a concern should adhere to the following procedure.
- I have a concern about my child’s safety.
- I can talk to the class teacher
- If I am still concerned, I can talk to Mr Kyle, Designated teacher for Child Protection and Safeguarding or the Deputy Designated teacher for Child Protection, Mrs Kirby
- If I am still concerned, I can talk to Mr Livingston, Principal
- If I am still concerned, I can talk / write to the Chairman of the Board of Governors, Mr J Brownlees
At any time I can talk to the Social Worker
Moyle Community Services, Family and Child Care. Tel. 028 28275427 or the PSNI Public Protection Unit. Tel. 028 2566 7276